Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Beer, Beer, and more Beer

There haven't been a whole lot of happening since my last post. The usual work, work, school, and work. I did go to an Art Walk in Old Town last Friday night with some friends and hit up the outlets in Loveland on Saturday. I couldn't buy anything, but it helped me form a nice birthday list. Oh and of course Easter. It was a perfect weather type of Easter Sunday. Sunny with mid-70's temperatures. Can't complain, good food, good company, and a nice nap on the hammock. Nothing too exciting in the life of me, but here are my observations for the past week and a half.

Only in Fort Collins:

- Is beer incorporated in everything. Example: they served New Belgium Beer at all the downtown art gallery showings for free. I didn't realize I was going out on the town for free on Friday.

- Another example: The 9 craft brewers in Fort Collins come together once a year in honor of American Craft Beer Week (May 14-20) and make a collaborative  beer with a 'Colorado Focus' this means local honey, hops, unmalted spelt, and even snow from the high country are included in this stuff. It will be sold at all 9 of the breweries the week of American Craft Beer Week and I can't wait to try it.

- Does a brewery own a bike that is specially designed to deliver kegs. Yes, Equinox brewery has a bike that they pedal and the keg sits in a specially made front part and that is how they deliver most kegs. of course! Why wouldn't breweries use bikes to deliver kegs!

- Can I go out for breakfast frequently and never eat at the same local breakfast place. My friend and I tried a new place off the main drag called Backporch Cafe, with a lovely cafe and the inside literally makes you feel like you just woke up and sat down at your own kitchen table. Very homey! And the food is pretty good, I wouldn't give it a 5 out of 5 for food, but for sure on atmosphere. It also doubles as a yarn/knitting store. Which is pretty awesome.

- Can I score free breakfast food everywhere. I don't know what it is, but it seems like people here are just dying to give me free breakfast food. I go to Snooze and I get a free Pineapple upside down pancake from a waitress, I go to backporch cafe, order a cinnamon roll to go for my boyfriend, and the waiter gives it to me for free. I must look like I'm starving!

Speaking of, it is dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment